Read this only if you use a Mac
I’m looking for a camcorder recommendation and wondering if you can help me. I want something that has the following characteristics:
* The camera’s media format interfaces well with, and can easily be edited using iMovie ’09
* I’ll need to use an external mic so the camcorder has to have an input for this. Ideally, a wireless mic if possible (if this exists?)
* Something that can store a fair amount of data inside or on an SD card, so I don’t have to keep unloading what I’ve recorded every hour or so.
* I want to be able to upload straight to my mac without having to process the media through any kind of intermediate software program.
* As you can see, I’m not experienced here, so the camera should be easy to operate. Most of these videos will be transferred to my web site so if there is some factor I need to know about or take into consideration when purchasing this camcorder, I’ll need to do this, as well.
* I do have a Flip Video camera now, but I’m going to be working on a project that involves me being mobile, specifically walking through and around the streets of New York City, and the flip doesn’t give me the quickest zoom or the sound quality I need. I don’t need professional video quality, by far, just clean video with GOOD sound.
I really appreciate your help and you taking the time to read this, and I’ll look forward to any recommendations you can make!
Just reply to this message here on my blog and my assistant will forward all your suggestions directly to me.
Thanks very much in advance, and…
Now go sell something, Craig
P.S. I don’t think I need a professional camera, but I am open to listening to whatever suggestions you can offer, preferably based on your experience using the camera itself. Thanks!
SLASH $50 BUCKS OFF Special — ENDING SOON!: http://www.kingofcopy.com/special
Check out ALL the King’s products at http://www.kingofcopy.com/products
Got a difficult question? Just ask me, baby! http://www.kingofcopy.com/askmebaby
If you enjoyed this, forward it on to a few of your friends and business associates. And if you have any comments, just leave them here on my blog: