5 reasons why it's nice to have money (photo inside)
Check this out, it just happened: I’m upstairs writing with the doors opened and overlooking the lake, when all of a sudden I hear what sounds like big giant fish swimming and splashing all over the place.
I run outside and onto my patio to see what’s going on, but the chaos is hidden behind the banana trees.
So I run downstairs to see… hundreds of bass slamming the surface of the water all in a feeding frenzy, jumping at the bait fish.
This happens once in a while, but it hasn’t happened so close to my dock in a few years.
I zip through the garage and grab my fishing pole and dash out onto my dock. I cast out into the midst of the chaos going on, and “BAM!” Within 15 seconds I snagged a decent-sized bass as you can see below.
After tossing him back into the lake, I snagged another one, and then my son caught one as well. Three fish in five minutes! And then the school swam away and it was to be no more. That’s usually how opportunity works, which is precisely why you need to seize it when it presents itself to you.
I thought to myself, while I was out there fishing, “Gosh, how lucky I am that I can take advantage of this. Having money gives you the ability to really and truly enjoy the understated yet incredibly precious moments life has to offer.” For example:
1. First of all, I couldn’t afford to live on a nice lake in a beautiful location like this if I were broke. And I’ve got news for you – even though there’s a real estate depression — I live on the water. And last time I checked, they aren’t making any more natural spring-fed lakes, or any kind of water, for that matter, so I’m not worried about the value of my home.
2. In life, opportunity doesn’t always come often, so when it does come… you’d better be able to POUNCE on it! I didn’t think twice about rushing outside and grabbing my fishing pole. I didn’t have to ask my wife, my clients, my business partner, my newsletter subscribers or anyone else for permission to “put down” my work and start enjoying myself. This kind of freedom is truly liberating.
3. I’m no Brad Pitt, but take a look at me. I haven’t shaved in two days and I’m wearing my workout clothes. Do you have any idea how much less stressful life is, when you can relax like this, while you’re working?
Words can’t even begin to describe it.
4. Look at that lake! That’s 20 yards from my back door. Do you have any idea how nice it is for my kids to be growing up here? This past weekend I took my 9-year old daughter and her friends tubing on the boat, and then my son and I went fishing. It’s getting a little cooler now and so tonight or tomorrow we’ll build a nice fire and roast marshmallows in the fire pit!
I grew up in a housing project in the Bronx, and let me be the first to tell you — we had no fire pits or roasted marshmallows when I was a kid. Fires… yes. But no fire pits to sit around with your family.
5. And lastly, as you can tell I’m a guy who’s more into making memories with my wife and kids, than in buying a bunch of high-priced gadgets and toys. I drive a very modest car (a Jeep Wrangler) and the only jewelry I wear is my wedding band. I’m sitting here with the patio doors in my office still open, listening to music while I write this. The kind of music I like, and I get to listen to it as loud as i like.
So for me, the thing that motivates me every single day, to go out there and slay dragons, isn’t the money, per se… it’s the freedom that money offers you.
Because when you have freedom, you get to enjoy the one true precious asset we all have — your time. And this is what money buys you that’s most precious — freedom.
And it’s also the most valuable gift you can ever give yourself and your family.
Now go sell something, Craig Garber
P.S. I built this freedom, from literally nothing, using each of the 21 strategies inside my new book, “How To Make Maximum Money With Minimum Customers,” and you can do the EXACT same thing. If you hurry, you can STILL get this book, along with your 7 bonus gifts, including a free issue of my offline Seductive Selling Newsletter… with no strings attached and a lifetime guarantee.
But don’t wait, because while history may repeat itself, opportunity doesn’t. I JUMP on opportunity when it’s presented to me, how about you?
Discover how I made a hair north of $578K with a small online list of less than 5,000 names, and without spending even one thin DIME on advertising in my newest book, “How To Make Maximum Money With Minimum Customers.”
Now get TWO free issues of my offline Seductive Selling newsletter that gets you more leads, higher conversion rates, proven marketing strategies, no nonsense.