Congratulations young man… now off you go.
Today my older son, Nick is graduating from high school, so it’s probably a good time to talk about success, right?
O.K., so let’s get to it.
The other day I was listening to an interesting interview and the speaker was talking about, essentially, how you can lead a horse to water but you really can’t make him drink.
For instance, why is it, that so many people who are exposed to the same element, and receive the same training, often get widely different results when it comes to application?
This fellow was saying there are a few reasons why so many people don’t ever take the necessary steps they need, to get to where they want to go.
One. They don’t know “how” to get there.
This isn’t a particularly good excuse, especially in today’s day and age, where with the click of a mouse, you’ve got access to the world’s history since the dawning of time, right there in front of you. Bottom line is, if you want to get there, you can easily find how “how to” get there.
Two. They can’t do it.
Sometimes, there’s a genuine lack of ability or skill-set. As an example of this, I’m 5-foot 9 inches tall and I have terrible knees. So even if I spent 6 hours a day playing basketball, every single day for the next 5 years of my life… there’s no way I’m ever going to be able to dunk a ball through the hoop.
I just can’t do this because I don’t have the skill-set, regardless of how much of a burning desire I may have.
And even though I’m as much an optimist as anyone else is, reality is, most people — maybe not most of the people reading this — but most people have some limitations that prevent them from doing lots of different things.
It’d be nice to think that all the hourly wage-earners out there could dramatically change their destiny, if only they had proper guidance and the right set of circumstances, but that’s NOT reality. Most people have some sort of glitches or hang-ups that put them in the “can’t do” category, for one reason or another.
But the number one reason why people don’t make it… the number on reason, by far, why some people succeed while others don’t… is because they don’t have the “want to.”
See, “want to” is that intangible “x-factor” that makes lots of different things possible, in spite of many obstacles that might present themselves.
“Want to” is the secret weapon behind most success. And “want to” is what makes ordinary people extra-ordinary.
So if there’s one thing I hope my son Nick has, as he moves forward into the world, it’s the “want to,” more than anything else.
Now go sell something, Craig Garber
P.S. Tomorrow is THE last day to get your hands on this month’s issue of Seductive Selling. This is actually the biggest issue I’ve ever written — in fact, I probably put too much in there — the font size got REAL small this month because there was so much included, so my apologies to those baby boomers and others, who — like me — are stuck with declining vision as we’re getting older. Anyway, here’s some of what you’re going to find inside this month:
* In this month’s “Back-End” column, we’ll take a rare glimpse at human-nature over a 42-year life span. You’ll be amazed at how young certain baseline characteristics and opinions are formed. (page 12)
* In the Weekend Update Column, here are the headlines of some of the topics covered:
Ten Highest Paid Dead Celebrities… Best real estate investment ever?… Why law firms on Park Avenue can charge more than law firms in Tenafly, NJ… Narrow streets or wide people?… It’s ALL in your mind… Market research… New Postal Rates… and Cool URL’s.
* How to “entertain” your subscribers! Remember, people may come to you for one reason, but they’ll only stay with you long-term for entertainment as well as information.
* Strategic positioning strategies! Not positioning yourself correctly is one of the main reasons why people don’t attract as many followers as they want. Discover what to do, and… what not to!
* 7 additional pages of copywriting examples including re-writes, landing pages, and an ad that crippled a big life insurance company!
* In this month’s “Little-Known Secrets From The King’s Treasure Chest,” I’ll show you some advanced copywriting tactics to make dry and mundane subjects more interesting, and… how to improve your landing pages.
* “Big-ego” copy examples, and why they will never work!
* How to stick it to the man!… and… a proven way to get your kid a job!
Get all this and much much more, plus… next week’s an open call-in day for subscribers on Thursday, June 5th. You get to call in and ask me anything you want, for 10 minutes of free time. So get your free 30-day test drive of the newsletter, and get 15 bonus gifts (that are actually useful – just watch the video), right here: http://www.kingofcopy.com/ssnl
If you enjoyed this, pass it on to a few of your friends and business associates, and if you have any comments about this message, it’s important you leave them right here on my blog: