Amazon: Smartest Marketers Online? Here are 5 tricks you can use…
There is no doubt in my mind that Amazon is one of the sharpest marketing companies on the planet. Here’s why: they are constantly innovating and creating new ways of doing things that not only get you to buy things, but they also get you to buy more often.
Let’s take a look at some of them and see how they adhere to very smart, very fundamental, basic emotional direct-response strategies.
1. They constantly communicate with their buyers. Every week, or maybe even a few times a week, they send me information about sales and other things I may want to buy.
2. They are the KINGS of upselling! They give you suggestions about other items to buy when you’re looking at an item… they let you know what other people bought once you put a particular item into your shopping cart… and, they even give you suggestions to buy, based on your past purchases just when you log in and go to their home page.
3. They allow and encourage their customers to get involved in the buying and selling process, by letting you rank and rate your purchases. In effect, this has made them not only a retail outlet, but a sort of “consumer reporting guide” for anything you wish to purchase. They’re smart enough to know that what others have to say about a product is far more important than what a vendor has to say about it.
4. They have put an “invisible fence” around their customers in a number of different ways:
One, for only $79 bucks a year (amazon.com Prime), you get to have all your items shipped to you via two-day free shipping, whenever you make any kind of purchase, at all. This gives you loads of incentive to keep buying stuff from amazon.com since you don’t have to pay any shipping costs, and since you get all your items sent to you incredibly fast.
5. Another way they have put an invisible fence around their customers — and it’s one of the most difficult things for any company to achieve — is that they’ve been instrumental in developing a new media that is technologically progressive.
And they control and not only the hardware for this media, but they also control the lion’s share of the software to supply it, as well.
The media I’m talking about, of course, is The Kindle. The Kindle represents a significant step forward in the right direction, as to the future of where today’s print media is going. It’s an electronic book reader, and since the easiest and fastest way to get new books on it is by ordering them using literally “one click” from amazon.com… they are, in essence, willingly preventing you from ordering electronic books for your Kindle, from any other source.
This is just some of what makes amazon.com, so great. Over the next few days I’ll be reviewing some of these strategies and giving you examples how you can use them in your business.
Also, I just ordered a Kindle myself, and I’ll show it to you on a video and let you know my thoughts on it.
Now go sell something, Craig Garber
P.S. Want to attract the right leads? You need to be using the right bait. Here’s the exact bait you need, to get all the pre-qualified leads you want: http://www.kingofcopy.com/leads
If you enjoyed this, pass it on to a few of your friends and business associates, and if you have any comments about this message, PLEASE — leave them here on my blog — I want to know what you’re thinking!:
Here are ALL the King’s products: http://www.kingofcopy.com/products